Sexual Dysfunction Treatment
Sex plays an important role in a healthy relationship. Sexual problems can interfere with pleasure, intimacy, and connection.
David Jayne, MD, offers holistic, non-surgical sexual dysfunction treatments for men and women at his welcoming Edmond, OK, practice.
Find out how Dr. Jayne's treatments can increase your sexual desire and make sex a more enjoyable experience for you and your partner.
Dr. Jayne's Treatments for Men and Women
Dr. David Jayne offers various holistic treatments to men and women in the Oklahoma City, OK, area who are experiencing sexual problems. These treatments can work just as well as prescription medication. Dr. Jayne is a board-certified physician who focuses on helping patients look and feel better. His background means there is no need to book expensive appointments with a specialist like a urologist. Holistic sexual dysfunction treatment can improve your sex life and create a stronger intimate bond between you and your partner.
Oxytocin: The Superhero of Hormones
Oxytocin Has Many Clinical Applications
Priapus Shot or P-Shot
- The Priapus Shot® or P-Shot® is an injection of platelet-rich plasma into the penis. The P-Shot can treat erectile dysfunction and give you a stronger erection.
- First, a tube of your blood is drawn by Dr. Jayne at his Edmond, OK practice. The blood is then put into a centrifuge to separate the plasma (the liquid part of the blood) from the red blood cells.
- This produces what is known as platelet-rich plasma (PRP). PRP is then activated with a small amount of calcium. After applying local anesthetic, the PRP is then injected into the head and shaft of the penis. This virtually painless procedure takes about 20 minutes.
- Side effects may include some bruising. A penis vacuum device is recommended twice a day for 10 minutes for 6 weeks after the treatment. PRP recruits all the repair cells in the body, and rejuvenation occurs over several weeks following injection.
- PRP may improve blood flow as well as nerve function, reducing erectile dysfunction issues during sex. Two treatments spaced 3 to 4 months apart are recommended as the PRP takes that long to achieve the full response.
Dr. Jayne Discusses the Non-Surgical P-Shot
Gainswave for Erectile Dysfunction
Dr. David Jayne also offers this clinically proven, non-surgical treatment to help men with erection and orgasm issues. Gainswave™ uses painless acoustic sound waves to increase penile blood flow, which can result in stronger erections and more intense climaxes. Contact Dr. Jayne in the Oklahoma City area to learn more.
Female Sexual Dysfunction Treatment
- Female sexual dysfunction is an all-encompassing term. In truth, female sexual response is highly intricate and dependent on multiple variables, including hormone deficiencies and a lack of desire after going through menopause.
- With the advent of Viagra, the medical community has started to focus on sexual dysfunction for men, but treatments for women are lacking. Improving sexual function for women is vitally important to leading a long and productive life to the fullest possible extent.
- If you are a woman who suffers from sexual challenges such as urinary incontinence, inability to achieve an orgasm, or low desire after menopause, you know how frustrating these issues can be.
- Many women are embarrassed or nervous to speak with their physician or gynecologist about their symptoms. Many doctors don’t have much to say on these important issues either. In fact, up until very recently, there were very few ways to address these concerns aside from prescribing hormones or suggesting psychotherapy.
- Dr. Jayne's treatments for women in the Oklahoma City area include:
Orgasm Shot or O-Shot
- As with the P-Shot for men, the Orgasm Shot® or O-Shot® is a non-surgical procedure that involves drawing a vial of a female patient's blood and using a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from the red blood cells.
- The PRP is activated with a tiny amount of calcium. Dr. Jayne then injects the PRP into the walls of the vagina and in the areas around the clitoris and G-spot. A local anesthetic is administered first to ensure patient comfort during these injections.
- The O-Shot can rejuvenate nerves, blood vessels, and tissues in various vaginal areas. This can lead to significant improvement of sexual function and may aid with female urinary incontinence.
Dr. Jayne Discusses the O-Shot
Benefits of the O-Shot
- Resolved urinary incontinence (both urge and stress)
- Increased natural lubrication
- Greater arousal from clitoral stimulation
- Younger, smoother skin of the vulva (lips of the vagina)
- A tighter introitus (vaginal opening)
- Stronger orgasm
- More frequent orgasm
- Increased sexual desire
- Increased ability to have a vaginal orgasm
- Decreased pain for those with dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
More Sexual Dysfunction Treatments for Women
Natural or Bio-Identical
Changes in hormone levels can lead to problems with energy, libido, vaginal lubrication, and the ability to achieve orgasm. Dr. Jayne recommends restoring youthful hormone levels to help reestablish sexual function. Testosterone levels in men have been the major focus in recent years, but estradiol, progesterone, and DHEA all play important roles in improving sexual function in women.
Oxytocin is a natural brain hormone that is produced during breastfeeding. It is also produced during an orgasm, contributing to the euphoric feeling after sexual climax. For years, oxytocin has been used induce labor in pregnant women.
Oxytocin is thought to be responsible for social bonding, and can overcome fears and phobias while providing mood stabilizing effects. It can be administered by dissolving a sublingual tablet, inhalation via nasal spray, or by taking a long-acting oral tablet. Oxytocin may help improve orgasmic function in women as well as helping libido by enhancing interpersonal relationships.
If you are a woman experiencing sexual dysfunction issues, contact Dr. Jayne to request a consultation.
Our Patients Love Looking
and Feeling Better
"Took an amazing amount of time with me, something I rarely see with doctors now days. He listened to my concerns and put together a treatment that coincided with my goals." Paul Copeland